Monday 18 November 2013

canine good neighbour test (CGN)

This past Saturday, I drove out to Barrie to enter both Ace and Piper in CGN tests. The CGN (canine good neighbour) test is intended to be awarded to dogs with good manners; they need to be able to be polite while greeting a stranger, walk through a crowd of dogs and people, and be left with a stranger for 3 minutes, among a few other things. It is run by the CKC, and I felt this was a good designation for both dogs to have under their belts, as it might help convince a future landlord that my dogs are good and I am a responsible dog owner.

Piper was fantastic, she did every station perfectly. Ace did jump a bit when the tester greeted him, but he was so amazing in the out of sight stay, they still passed him.

The test was not until 10:00, and I had arrived before 9:00 in hopes of entering Piper in Rally Novice, and Obedience Pre-Novice for the afternoon trial. Unfortunately I mis-read the rules, which I thought stated all entries must be submitted an hour before the trial. Apparently, the rule is that all entries must be submitted an hour before the start of the FIRST trial. I should have been there before 8:00 in order to enter last minute. Disappointing, but I will just have to look for another trial! Maybe there will be one in January I can get to.


No comments:

Post a Comment