Friday 19 August 2011

willow

As much as I love Willow,  I am definitely ready for her to be recalled. I feel like I have spent so much money on her this summer (wet food, dry food, treats). Now her constant itching is driving me crazy. Pretty much any time she is awake, she is itching. I have to double check for fleas, but I'm pretty sure it's seasonal allergies. So now I have to decide if I should try getting her benedryl (although I'm worried about her getting sleepy), or a more natural anti-itch supplement.

I will also not miss her whining in the car, how picky she is with her food, and her lack of a bowel movement schedule, among other things. She is unfortunately just not a good match for me, personality wise. However she is not all bad. When she is recalled, I will miss her dependency to sleep on my bed, how cute she is when she plays with Archie, and how she stops right in front of me and stares with her tail wagging. She is a very sweet dog, just not the perfect fit for me.

I am hoping to book her for her spay in two weeks, then she will go directly to the head trainer once she has recovered. I will miss her, but I am ready to move on.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, It's always a good thing when you recognize that something just isn't working for you. Since Willow doesn't really have to be watching over someone, I'd go with the Benedryl. It's an inexpensive way of finding out if seasonal allergies is the issue or if it's something more icky. I don't think it's right for you to have to spend so much of your own money on making sure Willow is happy and healthy, as you know, we also did the same for Aiden in paying for his food when Eukanuba just wasn't working out. Good luck to Willow in her future training, you'll have to for sure keep me posted. I e-mailed you back the other day and haven't heard anything...did you recieve my message? Really hoping we can see you and Ace on our next visit, it's been way too long and you'll never recognize Rogue, she's huge!

    ReplyDelete